- ミズキat Sukhothai：スコータイにいたときに撮ってた写真から。超うろおぼえなんですけど、場所はこのへん（http://goo.gl/4a60TV）だったはずです。
Dirty South Radicals (Note: currently under construction)
Racebent Disney (Note: currently on hiatus)
Stop Whitewashing (Note: currently on hiatus)
Last Updated September 29 2013.
We made the list y’all!
guys this is beautiful
Tumblr has come such a long way. I remember when I started this blog four years ago, my dash was all white. As far as I knew, there weren’t many other PoC/Woc related blogs. And I got so much shit for making this. But now, looking at this list. <3 Proud of y’all.
Whoops, reblogged to espritfollet. Anyways. Yay tumblr. If only we could get back the “users recommend” feature. Not just the same eurocentric stuff tumblr recommends.
everyone’s always like “omg coffee shop aus pls” and i’m just like omg:
The Penguin Foundation has a global call out for knitters to make pullovers for penguins in rehab.
Penguins caught in oil spills need the little jumpers to keep warm and to stop them from trying to clean the toxic oil off with their beaks.
If you enjoy knitting as a pass time please please please do this. please.
You can download a PDF with more info here
signal boost this year again :D
OKAY BUT CAN WE JUST TALK ABOUT BROOKLYN NINE NINE FOR A SECOND AND WHY PEOPLE NEED TO GET ON THIS SHIT:
- this can’t be said enough but a diverse cast!!!!! out of a main cast of 7, 4 are PoC. one of whom is gay, the other of whom subverts the ~angry black man~ trope and is the self-professed ‘proud mother hen’ of the precinct (and he also enjoys yoghurt parfaits, foreign films, and loves his daughters more than anything in the world), and the other two are latina women.
- speaking of which, ladies!!!! the women are in this show are all friends, and even have centric episodes based on their friendships. though one of the women is very competitive, they’re never catty, and they care about each other!
- once again touching on the ladies, one of the them is a typical “badass “character, with a penchant for leather jackets and destroying computers with fire extinguishers, and has no tragic backstory or reasoning for her behaviour, something that isn’t often seen with female characters like this.
- captain! holt! a gay black man who is the captain of the precinct. however, his sexuality is never made the butt of any joke, and the homophobia he faced in the NYPD is never glossed over or ignored, instead it is a central part of his character’s motivations. likewise, the sexism that women in the force would’ve been subjected to in the past has also been pointed out.
- with such a diverse cast, often shows feel the need to make fun of their character’s races (glee, i am looking at you), but not once has any character’s race been made into a joke. likewise, neither has holt’s sexuality, or the women’s gender.
- whilst the main character is a straight white male, he is made to recognize his privilege, which is not something you often see on television. instead, the privilege he has over his fellow colleagues is pointed out to him regularly, and he has called out the nypd for the discrimination they have shown.
- they subvert the nice guy trope!!!!! a male character had been pining over one of his colleagues for over a year, and not only did the show point out his behaviour as creepy and out of line (and nothing ~romantic), they apologized for it!
- and finally, every character on the show is an angel (except gina, but she’s wired to thrive on dysfunction), just about every combination of characters has been paired together in different episodes, and it’s fucking hilarious!!!!!
brooklyn nine nine is a hilarious show with a diverse cast - and not only treats this diverse cast with respect, but also points out the problematic behaviour directed towards them. it subverts the typically offensive tropes in comedy, whilst making jokes that don’t need to rely on race and sexuality. it’s not perfect, but it’s pretty damn close to it.
Maybe we wouldn’t sound so bad if some people didn’t try to play with big meaty claws.
INCOMING PUFFIN BABE
"hey can i have a couple of those fries"
He got my attention at “pierced dick”
Noiz seduction game is strong
Quebec filmmaker Jean-Marc Vallée, who directed Dallas Buyers Club, spoke to CBC’s Jian Ghomeshi, who asked whether he ever considered casting a transgender actor."Never. [Are] there any transgender actors?" he said. "I’m not aiming for the real thing. I’m aiming for an experienced actor who wants to portray the thing." (x)by “the thing” of course he means someone who is transgender
When people say they like my art style.